Modern life is busy and managing how we feel about our ever-changing environment can be scary at any age. Changes in family, friends, school, college, university and work, for example. Why? Because change can bring about feelings of fear, loss, sadness, anger and untold worry. All of these feelings can present as low self-esteem, little or no confidence, poor sleep, general or social anxiety and an inability to enjoy life and learning.
Do you recognise this in your child?
Do you recognise this in yourself? Do you see your child struggling to cope and this in turn makes you feel anxious and fearful?
My name is Sarah Glover, I am a specialist children, young people and family therapist. For many years I have helped people like you improve their child’s (and their own) well-being to alleviate feelings of distress and resolve crises.
How we work together:
I tailor my therapeutic practice to the needs of the unique child (or adult) in an exciting, safe and engaging way
The therapy choices and interventions I use are underpinned with being person-centred. This approach, I believe encourages a positive sense of self-esteem which increases our emotional intelligence.
The methods I use in session will depend on the individual’s needs, situation and development. I use many different methods of encouraging feelings of safety and freedom to express thoughts and feelings which may include play, craft, drawing, art or simply talking.
Why? Because I believe maintaining positive well-being is paramount when faced with managing self and family.
Aim: To provide and promote positive mental health that improves a range of personal outcomes, including attitudes and barriers to life and learning, better school attendance and lowered stress and anxiety.
Eunoia [yoo’-noy-ah] (n.) beautiful thinking: a well mind
N.B. I have had both of my Covid vaccinations and my booster.
Criteria for this service
If you think you or your child, have emotional, relational or mental health difficulties
- If you or your child have been diagnosed with a mental health disorder
- If you or your child have more than one mental health disorder
- If you or your child have come out of an in-patients facility
- Areas I specialise in
- Adolescence and age-related issues
- Anger and behaviour management
- Emotional intelligence (self-esteem and confidence)
- Domestic abuse
- Emotional issues
- Family and relationship difficulties
- Sexuality and Identity
- Sleep problems
- Shyness/social anxiety
- School issues and school refuser
- Suicide ideation
Enhanced Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Children, Young People and Adults
At Grey Matters Centre we do not work with anyone who has previous convictions of sexual offences and/or are currently the focus of an on going police investigation or criminal justice proceedings.
We strictly do not work with any court cases.
- Counselling FdA (Merit)
- Health and Social Care BSc (Hons)
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy, Parenting and Practice Level 1
- Child Psychology Diploma
- Asist Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Understanding Dissociation in Children and Young People
- Mindfulness for Wellbeing in Schools Certificate
- Mental Wellbeing in Children and Young People Certificate
- The Rewind Technique
Sessions £50 per hour
Payment by CASH or BANK TRANSFER at the beginning of each session
- Tuesday 1.00pm – 8pm
- Wednesday 5.00pm – 8pm