Louise Fenton is the founder and owner of Grey Matters Centre who is also a Trauma Specialist Practitioner and a EMDR Therapist. She specialises in working with adults who were sexually abused as children.
Louise found that areas of treating childhood trauma have huge gaps in available services, leaving many people with nowhere to turn. Being passionate about this lead her to open Grey Matters Centre, where hundreds of people every year, with all manner of emotional and mental health issues, receive the care they need to recover and heal which enables them to move on to live their lives the way they dream of.
Working alongside clients lead Louise to recognise that the legacy of abuse touches so many areas of a person’s life so her work involves any of the aspects this may bring forward, for example: flashbacks, nightmares, relationship issues, self-harm, disordered eating etc.
She also firmly believes there is a need to treat the person as a whole, she welcomes clients to address all parts of themselves enabling peace and harmony internally.
Louise has worked within this area for several years now which has built up her clinical experience with complex clients. This allows her to adapt her techniques to reach each individual client she sees and integrate it into her treatments to promote healing and recovery.
What treatment looks like
Louise offers an initial assessment which is an hour long. Within this in-depth discussion she will ask you about your problems, your childhood and any other relevant history.
She will also be asking you the areas you want to work on, your aims and goals and what your life will look like when you finish therapy.
You will have an opportunity to ask any questions.
The treatment plan will be based around your needs and she will help you:
- Understand the root cause of your problems
- Understand the factors that are contributing to your problems
- Understand what drives your behaviours
- Find triggers, understand them and deactivate them
- Work on relationship difficulties
- Work on other areas of your life that are impacted by your problems
- Teach you emotional regulation and resources
- Teach you coping mechanisms for now and for the future
- Help you to establish a full and lasting, sustainable recovery
- Work towards ending therapy and fulfilling your aims and goals
This work is tailored to each client’s individual needs.
Client’s are welcome to access these services and solely work on safety, stabilisation and life enhancement, if they don’t want to do any trauma work at this time.
If there is trauma in a clients history safety, stabilisation and resourcing is completed before any trauma work is agreed to be done.
Louise offers: The Rewind Technique, The Flash Technique, Brainspotting and EMDR.
Criteria for this service
If you think you have emotional, relational or mental health difficulties
- If you have been diagnosed with a mental health disorder
- If you have more than one mental health disorder
- If you have come out of an in-patients facility
- If you want to enhance your life
Areas Louise specializes in
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical. Sexual
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Attachment Issues
- Assertiveness/Self Confidence/Self Esteem
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Childhood Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual, Neglect
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/M.E.
- Dissociative Disorders
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Issues
- Family Difficulties
- Narcissistic Abuse
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Post Natal Abuse
- Relationship Difficulties
- Self Harm
- Self Identity
- Shyness/Social Phobia
- Suicidal Feelings
Enhanced Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Men and Women
At Grey Matters Centre we do not work with anyone who has previous convictions of sexual offences and/or are currently the focus of an on going police investigation or criminal justice proceedings.
We strictly do not work with any court cases.
Adults £50 per hour
Couples £60 per hour
EMDR £60 per hour
Payment by CASH or CARD only please
- Monday 9am – 2.15pm
- Tuesday 9am – 2.15 pm
- Wednesday 9am – 2.15 pm
- Thursday 9am – 2.15 pm