Louise Fenton is the founder and owner of Grey Matters Centre who is also a trauma specialist practitioner and an EMDR therapist. She specialises in working with adults who were sexually abused as children.
Louise found that areas of treating childhood trauma have huge gaps in available services, leaving many people with nowhere to turn. Being passionate about this lead her to open Grey Matters Centre, where hundreds of people every year, with all manner of emotional and mental health issues, receive the care they need.
Working alongside clients lead Louise to also recognise that there was a need to treat the person as a whole, as the legacy of abuse touches so many areas of a person’s life. She has taken this forward and she welcomes clients to address all parts of themselves and their everyday lives.
Louise has worked within this area for several years now which has built up her clinical experience with complex clients. This allows her to adapt her techniques to reach each individual client she sees and integrate it into her treatments to promote healing and recovery.
What treatment looks like
Louise offers an initial assessment which is an hour long. Within this in-depth discussion she will ask you about your problems, your childhood and any other relevant history. She will also be asking you of the areas you want to work on and any goals you may have. You will have an opportunity to ask any questions.
The treatment plan will be based around your needs and she will help you:
- Understand the root cause of your problems
- Understand the factors that are contributing to your problems
- Understand what drives your behaviours
- Find triggers, understand them and deactivate them
- Work on relationship difficulties
- Work on other areas of your life that are impacted by your problems
- Teach you emotional regulation and resources
- Teach you coping mechanisms for now and for the future
- Help you to establish a full and lasting, sustainable recovery
- Work towards ending therapy
This work is tailored to each client’s individual needs.
Client’s are welcome to access these services and solely work on safety, stabilisation and life enhancement. If there is trauma in a clients history it can be discussed if it is the right time to do this work and if it is wanted.
Criteria for this service
If you think you have emotional, relational or mental health difficulties
- If you have been diagnosed with a mental health disorder
- If you have more than one mental health disorder
- If you have come out of an in-patients facility
Areas Louise specializes in
- Childhood Abuse, Sexual/Physical/Neglect/AttachmentA
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Dissociative Disorders
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Self Harm
- Domestic Violence
- Narcissistic Abuse
- Relationship Issues
- Identity Issues
- Post Natal Depression
Enhanced Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Men, Women and Couples
At Grey Matters Centre we do not work with anyone who has previous convictions of sexual offences and/or are currently the focus of an on going police investigation or criminal justice proceedings.
We also do not work with any court cases.
Adults £50 per hour
Couples £60 per hour
EMDR £60 per hour
Payment by CASH or CARD only please
- Monday 9am – 2.15pm
- Tuesday 9am – 2.15 pm
- Wednesday 9am – 2.15 pm
- Thursday 9am – 2.15 pm