SPECIALISING IN TRAUMA
If you are suffering from flashbacks, nightmares, losing time, zoning out, self-harm, disordered eating, relationship difficulties, anxiety, mood swings, unexplained pain, tics, stress related issues etc, welcome you are in the right place as I can help you and I want to let you know that healing is possible!
I will listen to what is going on for you so you feel heard, and to enable me to understand how your problems are impacting your life today. We will understand together, through a trauma informed lens, how that makes sense with what you have been through and how each and every one of those behaviours are there for a very good reason.
We will work with all of you, enabling you to build a relationship with the parts of your personality you don’t like. We find out why these parts of us do and react as they do, and we heal any pain and vulnerability that may be causing these internal reactions. Once we do that we have the ability to chose how we prefer to respond rather than just reacting, giving us peace and harmony internally and externally.
If you are ready to do the work we can do it together. You won’t be on your own, I will be there to support you all the way through your healing journey, at a pace that is right for you.
I offer you a powerful deep-level healing experience, working with your mind, body and brain, using all the latest revolutionary trauma informed therapies We can release blocked trauma, we can lower your distress levels and teach you how to regulate your emotions in a healthy way. And with talking therapy we can make sense of your belief system and narrative, resulting in life-changing healing and recovery.
I have worked within these areas for many years now which has built up my clinical experience with complex trauma and my specialist area, adults who were sexually abused in childhood. I work daily with CPTSD, PTSD, BPD and Disordered Eating, with amazing success rates.
I help hundreds of people every year with all manner of emotional and mental health issues receive the care they need to recover and heal, enabling them to move on to live their lives the way they dream of.
It maybe scary to think of facing the work, staying as you are might seem like the safest option, but recovery is possible! You can be the person you were meant to be, find your true self and you can live your best life! I know what it is like to feel like there is no place to go, to feel helpless and lonely. It is my passion and purpose to empower you so you can heal yourself. So please don’t put this work off for another day, the time is right now!
How we work together:
The initial assessment is an hour long. Within this in-depth discussion we will go over your problems, your childhood and any other relevant history.
We will discuss the areas you want to work on, your aims and goals and what you imagine your life will look like when you finish therapy.
You will have an opportunity to ask any questions.
The treatment plan will be based around your needs and we will aim to:
- Understand the root cause of your problems
- Understand the factors that are contributing to your problems
- Understand what drives your behaviours
- Find triggers, understand them and deactivate them
- Map your central nervous system
- Work on relationship difficulties
- Understand and map your parts
- Work on other areas of your life that are impacted by your problems
- Work with the mind and the body
- Release trauma
- Heal your inner child with reparenting techniques
- Teach you emotional regulation and resources
- Teach you coping mechanisms for now and for the future
- Help you to establish a full and lasting, sustainable recovery
- Work towards ending therapy and fulfilling your aims and goals
This work is tailored to each client’s individual needs.
You are most welcome to access these services and solely work on safety, stabilisation and life enhancement, if you don’t want to do any trauma work at this time.
If there is trauma in your history, safety, stabilisation and resourcing is completed before we agree together that the time is right for this work to go ahead.
We will be using an integrative approach which may include: Internal Family Systems (IFS), The Rewind Technique, The Flash Technique, Brainspotting and EMDR.
So, if you would like to work with me, please get in touch. I would love to work with you!
I have had both of my Covid vaccinations and my booster.
Criteria for my service:
There is no criteria to access this service. No referral is necessary.
Please get in touch if you think you would like to work with me and/or have emotional, relational or mental health difficulties. These include:
- If you have been diagnosed with a mental health disorder
- If you have more than one mental health disorder
- If you have come out of an in-patients facility
- If you are not living your best life and you want to change this
- If you are behaving in ways you don’t like or understand
- If you: loose time, zone out, tell lies, get angry, have meltdowns, have affairs, can’t commit to relationships, are controlling, are a people pleaser etc.
Areas I specialise in:
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Attachment Issues
- Assertiveness/Self Confidence/Self Esteem
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Childhood Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual, Neglect
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/M.E.
- Dissociative Disorders
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Issues
- Eating Disorders
- Family Difficulties
- Narcissistic Abuse
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Post Natal Abuse
- Relationship Difficulties
- Self Harm
- Self Identity
- Shyness/Social Phobia
- Suicidal Feelings
MBACP (Accredited Member)
Enhanced Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Years in practice: 7 years
Men, Women and Couples
I do not work with anyone who has previous convictions of sexual offences and/or are currently the focus of an on going police investigation or criminal justice proceedings.
I strictly do not work with any court cases.
- Internal Family Systems Level 1 Practitioner
- Brainspotting Level 2
- Flash Technique (EMDR)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Couples Practitioner
- Advanced Diploma in Psychology
- Rewind Technique
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Children and Adolescent Practitioner
- Eating Disorder Practitioner
- Cruse Bereavement Care Course
- Complex Trauma Dissociation Certification
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Practitioner
- Child Psychology Diploma
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Attachment-based Theory
- Trauma Informed Therapy
- Schema Therapy
- The Polyvagal Theory
Adults £50 per hour
Couples £70 per hour
EMDR £65 per hour
Payment by CASH or CARD only please
- Monday 9am – 2.15pm
- Tuesday 9am – 2.15 pm
- Wednesday 9am – 2.15 pm
- Thursday 9am – 2.15 pm