As long as Covid-19 remains an active public health threat we have written procedures compliant to the regulatory requirements relating to social distancing and hygiene. We are committed to providing protection for both our clients and therapists, enabling us to continue to safely provide mental health services in the form of face to face therapy sessions.
Our commitment to our clients
- All our therapists are trained in Covid-19 precautions and safety measures
- Only the therapy rooms that allow 2 meters distance are in use.
- If you have an appointment arranged and you start to feel unwell or are displaying any symptoms, please do inform your therapist straight away. They will rearrange your appointment for you, with no cancellation fee charged.
- If your therapist feels unwell or are displaying symptoms, they will inform you immediately and rearrange your appointment.
- The waiting room is not in use due to social distancing, so please arrive at your appointment time only.
- If you are accompanied, please ask them to wait 2 meters away from the premises. Parents are unfortunately unable to enter the building.
- When you arrive at Grey Matters Centre please ring the reception door bell only and don’t touch the rest of the door for hygiene purposes.
- Your therapist will open the door, but before you are invited in you will be asked COVID-19 screening questions and your temperature will be taken with a non contact infrared body thermometer.
- If there are any risks of COVID-19 you will asked to reschedule your appointment via the Government guidelines.
- If all is well you will be invited inside and asked to use the hand sanitiser provided.
- The questionnaire confirms we are adhering to the Governments track and trace policy which includes keeping these details for 21 days.
- Your temperature result will be recorded on the COVID-19 questionnaire.
- When this is all complete you will be asked to lead the way to your therapy room. All the doors will be open so you don’t have to touch them, your therapist will close them after you both have gone through.
- We will no longer offer drinks but you are very welcome to bring your own. Please take away with you at the end of your session.
- Please provide your own tissues and take them away with you after your session.
- We ask you not to touch any surfaces in the therapy room (apart from your seat).
- All the rooms have alcohol based hand sanitisers and are cleaned and aired, via the guidelines, between each client.
- The toilet will be available but please try to keep the usage to the bare minimum and adhere to all the hygiene regulations displayed.
- Maintain a minimum of 2 meters distance from your therapist at all times.
- You will be guided to leave via the front door so there is a one-way system in place which lowers the risk of passing others.
- We do not provide PPE for clients so please bring your own if you wish to do so
- If you do not agree with any of our procedures you are welcome to discuss them with us but please be aware your session may not be able to go ahead.
- The sand tray, play dough and anything difficult to clean are not in use at this time.
Risk assessments on your whole visit have been completed and we endeavour to make your visit to us as safe and comfortable as possible.
If you have any concerns about your session, please let us know so that we can reassure you.
These procedures have been implemented for the safety of us all.
We will continue to heed advice from the Government/NHS regarding safe practices at this time and will amend this policy when necessary.